Calendar Dec. 3, 2010
December 6, 2010 · 8:45 PM
Old Town Silverdale Holiday Walkabout:
The Old Town Silverdale Holiday Walkabout will take place in Old Town Silverdale from 6 to 8 p.m. Dec. 11. More than 10 venues in Old Town will feature work for purchase from a variety of local artists. The free event coincides with the arrival of the lighted ships at the Silverdale Waterfront Park. For more information, contact Maria Mackovjak at (360) 698-1507.
Silent auction to benefit Kitsap County HIV AIDS Foundation:
Hand-crafted holiday stockings and wreaths will be on sale through a silent auction to support the Kitsap County HIV AIDS Foundation beginning at 5:30 p.m. Saturday at the Silverdale Beach Hotel. The hotel is located at 3073 NW Bucklin Hill Road.
Blood donors needed:
Western Washington is in critical need of blood types O-, A- and B-. Those interested in donating can schedule an appointment by calling Puget Sound Blood Center’s Silverdale location at (360) 337-1985. The center is located at 3230 NW Randall Way.
‘Anything Goes’ musical performance at CK High:
The Central Kitsap High School’s drama and music departments are performing Cole Porter’s musical comedy ‘Anything Goes’ Friday, Saturday, Dec. 10 and 11. All performances begin at 7 p.m. in the school’s Southworth Theater. This is the school’s first musical performance in three years.
Tickets ate $7 for adults, $5 for students and $3 for children.
Manette History Club meeting:
The Manette History Club is scheduled to meet at 1 p.m. Dec. 7 in the Social Room of the Manette Community Church, 1137 Hayward Ave., Bremerton. Mary Jo Pearson Melia will tell her story of ‘Growing up in Gilberton.’
Kitsap Jayhawkers Christmas party:
The Kitsap Jayhawkers will have their Christmas party at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the Airport Diner. Native Kansans will be able to share their holiday memories and “new jayhawkers” are welcome.
Canned goods and toiletry items can be donated to the Bremerton Foodline at the party. The diner is located at 8830 State Hwy 3 SW, Port Orchard. For more information, call Doris Rice at (360) 792-9151.
Brownsville Christmas Ships Parade:
All boats are invited to participate in the Christmas Ships Parade from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Dec. 10 and 11. Brownsville Yacht Club membership is not required to participate. On Dec. 10, the parade begins south of Keyport Base to Point Heron Gazebo, Bremerton. There will be a gathering for hot cocoa after the parade at the yacht club. On Dec. 11, the parade starts at Rich Pass Fish Pens to Battle Point, Bainbridge Island. A potluck at the club will follow.
Send your address or GPS coordinates to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 710-5504. Families can also include their name, so that Santa can “say hello” to them.
Tracyton Christmas tree lighting:
Tracyton residents will celebrate their annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony beginning at 5:30 p.m. Dec. 5 with a Victorian brass ensemble performance. The tree will be lit at 6 p.m. followed by the arrival of Santa on a fire truck. Apple cider and cookies will be served and carol singing will conclude the night.
The tree is located in front of Tracyton Methodist Church, 5153 Naomi Street, Bremerton.
Giving tree benefiting local kids:
Upper Cervical Health Centers of America is hosting an Angel Tree. Residents can stop by the office at 9615 Levin Road NW, suite 100, Silverdale, to pick up a gift idea for a child and return the wrapped gift by Dec. 8. The Angel Tree Party will be Dec. 10 where the children will receive their gift. If interested in helping, call (360) 692-3800.
CK Fire and Rescue Santa Run routes:
The Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue will continue its Santa Run where Santa and his helpers will visit different neighborhoods and collect food donations for the Central Kitsap Food Bank.
Santa’s travel begins at 6 p.m. and adults are asked to accompany their children when approaching Santa and the fire engine, and to wear light colored clothing.
- Dec. 13: South of Sylvan Way, including the streets around Trenton Avenue, Viewcrest Drive, 30th Street, Bonair Place, Stone Way, Olympus Drive and Perry Avenue.
- Dec. 14: North of Sylvan Way, including the streets around Pine Avenue, Fir Drive, Illahee Road, Shore Cliff Street, Canoe Trail and University Point.
- Dec. 15: West of Illahee Road, including streets around Ocean View Boulevard, Sunset Avenue, Aegean Boulevard, Corfu Boulevard, Quinalt Drive, and East Boulevard.
- Dec. 15: North of Station 64 on Chico Way: Johnson Street, Chico Beach Drive, Meridith Street, Eldorado Hills, English Hill Court, El Camino, Boulevard Terrace View Drive, Cedar Terrace, Chico Way to Newport Court.
- Dec. 16: South of Station 64 on Chico Way: Northlake Way, Old Sawmill Place, Windjammer Court, Sagebrush Lane, David Road, Taylor Road, West Kitsap Lake Road, Broad Street, First Street, Ida Street, Skylark Drive, Eden Road, Francis Street and Sunnyhill Road.
- Dec. 17: South of Station 64 on Chico to Erlands Point: Shadden Lane, Fairway Lane, Dyes Inlet Road, Lakehurst Drive, Kittyhawk Drive, Linden Lane, Breeze Way, Paul Benjamin Road, Tanda Avenue, Country Lane, Ridgeway Drive, Ridgeway Circle, Holiday Place, Ridgeway Place, Woodland Drive and Lakeview Drive.