- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Angel Care calendar fundraiser kicks off Sept. 29
Breast cancer survivors and their supporters will reveal the Angel Care - Breast Cancer Foundation’s calendar, “Our Angels in Wings Celebrate the New Year 2012,” Sept. 29 in Kent.
The fundraiser is 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Red’s Wine Bar of Kent Station, 321 Ramsay Way, Suite 101. Calendars can be purchased for $15 each. All proceeds benefit Angel Care in its efforts to reach patients, friends and family of those diagnosed with breast cancer.
The calendar models are Angel Care volunteers, strategically photographed in “just wings” as a testimony of their strength as survivors. Complimentary wine will be served and many of the models will be available to share about their breast cancer journey and to autograph calendar purchases.
“We’re certainly hoping everyone will see that the calendar can be a perfect gift to family and friends as a reminder to get an annual mammogram or as inspirational support – just in time for October, National Breast Cancer Awareness Month,” says Angel Care founder Jan Harris.
Angel Care is a non-profit organization founded in 1997 by Harris, a breast cancer survivor diagnosed in 1993 at a stage three. She saw the need to offer one-on-one emotional support for those diagnosed with breast cancer.
There are more than 45 volunteers in the Puget Sound area who attend trainings provided by the foundation to enhance their abilities to lend appropriate and sensitive assistance.
For more information about Angel Care - Breast Cancer Foundation, contact Renée Olson at 206-417-3484 or visit www.angelcarefoundation.org.
The calendar models are:
• January, Wendy Carpenter, volunteer, Edmonds
• February, Jane Silberberg, volunteer, Seattle
• March, Terri Eggers, volunteer, Coupeville
• April, Renée Olson, executive director, Enumclaw formerly of Puyallup
• May, Jill Holen, volunteer, Fall City
• June, Jan Harris, founder, Redmond
• July, Barbara Purdom, volunteer and board member, Federal Way
• August, Doris Hill, volunteer, Mercer Island
• September, Andy Pletz, volunteer, Bellevue
• October, Barbara Allen, volunteer, Anacortes
• November, Bruce Young, volunteer, Beaux Arts Village
• December, Bobbie DeCoster, volunteer, Kenmore