- About Us
- posted Dec 14, 2009 at 11:15 AM
- posted Dec 15, 2009 at 3:03 PM— updated Dec 15, 2009 at 4:54 PM
The final 2010 budget as approved by the Kitsap Commissioners on Monday night trims expenditures across the board, but its impact extends beyond the employees and into all levels of the community.
- posted Dec 18, 2009 at 2:20 PM
- posted Jan 7, 2010 at 9:11 AM
- posted Jan 13, 2010 at 1:41 PM
The Olympic Transfer Station in Bremerton is getting some needed upgrades, which could result in longer than usual lines from January 17 through January 21, according to the Kitsap County Department of Public Works.
- posted Jan 20, 2010 at 4:27 PM— updated Jan 21, 2010 at 10:05 AM
An estimated 1,000 people crowded into a Lakewood church on Wednesday, paying tribute to a Port Orchard resident who lost her life during last week’s Haitian earthquake.
- posted Jan 28, 2010 at 10:53 AM
The vacancy created by Kitsap Treasurer Barbara Stephenson’s impending departure will be addressed next week by the Kitsap County Democratic Party, first with a meeting to clarify the process.
- posted Feb 4, 2010 at 8:10 AM— updated Feb 4, 2010 at 10:54 AM
The Kitsap County Consolidated Housing Authority (KCCHA) has selected Tony Caldwell as its new Executive Director, taking the helm of the agency after series of controversies and setbacks.
- posted Feb 10, 2010 at 1:49 PM— updated Feb 11, 2010 at 3:39 PM
Kitsap County residents will receive their property tax statements next week in the trademark pink envelope — a traditional but ironic Valentine Day’s message.
- posted Feb 11, 2010 at 1:58 PM— updated Feb 12, 2010 at 12:07 PM
The Kitsap County 4H club received a temporary reprieve for rental of the Presidents Hall at the Fairgrounds, while both the department and the club decide on a possible compromise.
- posted Feb 18, 2010 at 10:32 AM
The U.S. Census Bureau is currently accepting applications to conduct follow-up interviews of people who have submitted their forms within an acceptable time period, and could hire as many as 1,000 people for the task.
- posted Feb 28, 2010 at 10:56 AM— updated Mar 2, 2010 at 8:43 AM
One of the five candidates for Kitsap County Treasurer has indicated that he is no longer interested in the job. Democratic Party Chairman Carl Olson said Saturday that Rob Gelder has withdrawn his name from consideration, and will formally announce that intention at a Precinct Committee Officer (PCO) meeting on Monday night.
- posted Mar 1, 2010 at 11:42 PM— updated Mar 3, 2010 at 5:25 PM
Kitsap County Democrats selected a political novice Monday night as the top choice to replace Treasurer Barbara Stephenson, who resigned in February to become Bremerton's financial director. Meredith Green, a CPA who has never sought elected office, bested Former Poulsbo Mayor Kathryn Quade and Bremerton resident Isaac Delgado in the vote tally. One of the three will be selected by the Kitsap County Commissioners to fill Stephenson's unexpired term.
- posted Mar 3, 2010 at 4:47 PM— updated Mar 4, 2010 at 11:41 AM
An eight-week small business training program held its graduation on Tuesday night, giving 22 individuals a foundation intended to increase their chance of success.
- posted Mar 4, 2010 at 10:23 AM
Five local jurisdictions have adopted new standards for low-impact development, which outlines a universal process for both new construction and redevelopment.
- posted Mar 4, 2010 at 3:23 PM— updated Mar 4, 2010 at 4:29 PM
Kitsap County Assessor Jim Avery announced this week that he will run for a fourth term, pledging to increase the efficiency of the office while incorporating new technology that helps to better serve the public.
- posted Mar 9, 2010 at 11:13 AM
The three Kitsap County Commissioners have all held private interviews with the three candidates for the open treasurer’s position, but have yet to compare information about their preferences. The vacancy was caused by the resignation of Barbara Stephenson, which took effect on Feb. 17. On March 1 the Democratic party selected three possible candidates, from which the commissioners must select one to serve out the remainder of Stephenson’s term.
- posted Mar 10, 2010 at 10:37 AM— updated Mar 10, 2010 at 11:02 AM
As part of its long-range planning process, Kitsap County has created a 20-member task force to guide shoreline management and help create polices that set the stage for local waterways.
- posted Mar 10, 2010 at 1:54 PM
- posted Apr 30, 2010 at 10:55 AM
Kitsap Soccer Club Pumas Kitsap County
- posted May 4, 2010 at 4:17 PM— updated May 4, 2010 at 5:42 PM
- posted Jun 1, 2010 at 4:59 PM— updated Jun 3, 2010 at 5:26 PM
Colton Harris-Moore Kitsap Bremerton Silverdale San Juan Whidbey barefoot bandit
- posted Sep 15, 2010 at 9:39 AM
- posted Sep 15, 2010 at 9:41 AM
- posted Sep 24, 2010 at 12:51 PM