No injuries in Manette blaze that claimed two houses
September 3, 2010 · 5:13 PM
An unattended candle was blamed for a early Tuesday morning blaze that destroyed two houses near Manette.
No one was injured in the fire on the 1700 block of Jacobsen Boulevard, but after starting in one residence it spread to another house, destroying three vehicles as well, according to a statement from Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue.
Downed power lines in the front yard of the residence hampered firefighters battling the fire, which took two hours to extinguish. Property damage is estimated at $180,000 for the two homes and three vehicles.