- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Silverdale attic fire displaces two, no injuries
No one was injured Tuesday when a fire spread through an attic space of a one-story house in Silverdale, diverting traffic on a busy arterial for about four hours.
Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue personnel were called to the house in the 900 block of NW Bucklin Hill Road a fire in the fireplace insert spread to the attic, according to a statement.
Firefighters arrived at 5:39 p.m. and though no flames were visible upon arrival, the initial blaze took 30 minutes to knock down. Traffic on Bucklin Hill Road was rerouted as the crew worked to extinguish the fire, finishing at about 10:40 p.m.
Because of flammable materials stored in the attic and multiple remodeling projects, some layers of material between the ceiling and attic continued to flare.
The house sustained major smoke and water damage to the main living areas and fire damage to the roof.
The two residents are homeless and currently are receiving assistance from the American Red Cross.