- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Busy night for Central Kitsap firefighters
Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue firefighters had a busy morning Monday, responding to calls ranging from a house fire, a rollover crash and an explosion caused when a man used gasoline to light a fire in his backyard.
Just after midnight, three people were taken to Harrison Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries after a head-on collision on Lake Tahuyeh Road, a mile south of Holly Road. Two people were trapped in a car that flipped upside down during the crash.
At about 4 a.m. firefighters were called to a house on the 1300 block of Crestview Circle after an explosion awoke neighbors. A man suffered singed hair, according to a statement.
At about 5:10 a.m. firefighters were called to a house fire on the 4000 block of Lakeview Court NW, off Seabeck Highway. The house was equipped with smoke detectors, which alerted residents to the blaze. The cause of the fire was “improperly discarded smoking materials” in a garbage can, according to the statement. The fire caused about $13,000 in damage.