Trash can at Bremerton Harborside set on fire

Bremerton Fire Department doused a fire in a trash can in a restroom behind Puget Sound Navy Museum at the Bremerton Harborside Sunday.

Fire crews were called to the small fire at about 4:47 p.m., according to police reports. Upon arrival, they found the plastic garbage can in the men’s restroom completely melted.

A security officer at the scene said that the restrooms are open 24 hours a day and that he did not see anyone around at the time the fire broke out.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Oct 28
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates