Kitchen fire in Silverdale extinguished by sprinkler system, no injuries reported

Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue received a call for a Silverdale kitchen fire at about 5:27 p.m., Dec. 2. There were no injuries.

When firefighters arrived to the unit at the Vintage Apartments located at 3291 Mount Vintage Way, they found that the building was evacuated and the fire had been extinguished by the building's sprinkler system. The firefighters secured the sprinkler and alarm systems and salvaged the occupant's belongings.

An investigation revealed that the occupant went down the hall to her storage unit after having grease heating in a skillet. The apartment suffered fire damage in the kitchen and water damage in the main living area and Red Cross was called to assist the woman living there.

Without fire sprinklers in the unit, the incident could have potentially been a catastrophic fire, according to a release from CKFR.


We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates