- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Dryer fire displaces family of five
A homeowner awoke late Thursday to find her two-story home filled with smoke. The homeowner lowered one child out of a second-story bedroom window before jumping to safety herself. Once outside, she ran to two other childrens first floor bedroom window and was able to pull them out safely.
Central Kitsap Fire & Rescue firefighters responded to the 500 block of NE Conifer Drive in East Bremerton around 11:30 p.m. Crews found smoke pouring from the chimney, gable ends and second-story windows.
Firefighters located the source of the fire in the basement laundry room. They extinguished the blaze and contained it to the area of origin. Crews successfully rescued the family dog from the basement.
The home sustained severe fire and smoke damage. The American Red Cross is assisting the family with housing and necessities.
The Kitsap County Fire Marshals Office determined the fire started in the dryer.