- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Fire in residence claims life of a dog | Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue
On Friday, Nov. 2, at approximately 7:15 pm, Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue received a call in reference to a structure fire in the 2800 block of Erlands Point Road NW, Bremerton.
A neighbor had called 911 after seeing heaving smoke coming from the structure in the Erlands Point Mobile Home Park.
Upon arrival firefighters observed heavy smoke and flames coming from the unit. Entry was made and the fire was located in the back of the home and quickly extinguished.
The homeowner was not home at the time, but a dog inside died due to smoke inhalation.
The origin of the fire appears to be in the area of the master bathroom. It's not considered suspicious at this time and the Kitsap County fire marshal is en route to conduct an investigation.
There is extensive fire damage done in the bedroom and bathroom area and heavy smoke damage throughout. The unit is not habitable at this time.
Red Cross has been called to assist the homeowner. Navy Federal Fire also responded.
- Smoke alarms save lives and we ask that this weekend when you change your clocks you also test your alarms and change the batteries.