- About Us
Transportation projects on the drawing board for Kitsap County
Transportation projects totaling more than $7.9 billion will move forward in the central Puget Sound region, following action by the Puget Sound Regional Council’s Executive Board to approve the 2013-2016 Regional Transportation Improvement Program on October 25.
A number of the projects included work in Kitsap County.
These projects are funded with federal, state and local funds, including recent federal grants awarded through PSRC.
Among the projects receiving PSRC funding in Kitsap County are:
• Bucklin Hill Estuary Enhancement & Bridge Construction - $5,800,000
• Phillips Rd / Mullinex Rd Intersection Improvements - $493,354
• Annapolis Ferry Terminal - $90,000
• East Bremerton Transfer Center - $300,000
• Belfair Valley Road and Lake Flora Road Preservation Project (Bremerton) - $389,250
• Georges Corner P&R Upgrades: Security, Bike Facilities & Shelters - $154,000
• Bond Rd, 7th & 8th Ave (Poulsbo) - $650,000
• Lincoln Rd (Poulsbo) - $1,200,000
• Lincoln Rd Nonmotorized Safety Improvements (Poulsbo) - $900,000
• Bay St Pedestrian Pathway (Port Orchard) - $83,590
• Cedar Heights Junior High Sidewalk Improvements -$259,500
• Ft. Ward Hill Reconstruction & Shoulder Widening Phase 2 (Bainbridge Island) - $856,350
• Island-Wide Chip Seal (Bainbridge Island) - $357,112
• N. Madison Ave Shoulder Widening & NMTP Improvements Phase 2 (Bainbridge Island) - $173,000
• Madison Avenue Pavement Preservation (Bainbridge Island) -$433,844
“Securing federal transportation funding for communities in the region is one of the key roles of the Puget Sound Regional Council,” said Kitsap County Commissioner Josh Brown in a press release. “These projects are advancing a better system that gets people and goods where they need to go, provides transportation choices, and helps grow jobs in the region.”
The Transportation Improvement Program is required under federal and state laws, and helps to ensure that transportation projects are meeting regional policies and federal and state requirements such as those under the Clean Air Act.