At approximately 10:30 a.m. Bremerton Fire Department responded to report of an apartment fire at 102 State Street Bremerton.
On arrival smoke was showing from the third floor. Damage is estimated at $45,000 and no one occupants were injured, one firefighter was injured during suppression efforts.
Fire crews from: South Kitsap Fire& Rescue, Central Kitsap Fire & Rescue, Navy Region Northwest, Bremerton Fire Department with both Mason County Fire District 2 and the Kitsap County Fire Marshal’s office offering assistance.
Approximately 50 firefighting personnel responded and assisted with suppression efforts.
Approximately eight units were evacuated and two heavily damaged by fire. Several people were interviewed with one taken to the Bremerton Police Station for an interview and later released.
The cause of the fire is listed as accidental, unattended cooking is listed as the cause.
The building did not have a fire sprinkler system and the smoke detectors were not functional.