Representatives needed for Noxious weed board

The Kitsap County Noxious Weed Control Board currently has an opening for a representative who resides within the boundary of the Central Kitsap weed control district (which corresponds with the local school district).

Members of the Kitsap County Noxious Weed Control Board assist with the management of an effective county weed control or eradication program of noxious weeds.

Noxious weeds are invasive non-native plants that have been introduced to Washington through human actions that can have far reaching impacts on agriculture, recreational lands, natural resources, and human health and safety.

For more information, contact Kitsap County Volunteer Services at 360 337-4650 or or go to


We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates