Harrison Foundation accepting nursing scholarship applications
March 7, 2013 · 2:38 PM
The Ruth Meyer Epstein Nursing Scholarship Fund at the Harrison Medical Center Foundation is offering multiple scholarships of varying amounts to aspiring nurses who are committed to improving their lives and their community through a career in nursing.
The deadline for application is April 1.
The fund offers scholarships for individuals accepted/enrolled in an accredited LPN, RN, BSN, or Master’s-level nursing program.
Pre-requisite course work of any kind will not qualify.
• Reside on the Olympic and Kitsap Peninsulas with an intent to work in the region;
• Be currently employed (at least 0.6 FTE) with a company in a medical or health care related field;
• Maintain continued active employment status throughout their academic pursuit;
• Maintain a minimum course level at or above half-time student status (credit equivalent to be determined by the institution); and
• Continuation of the scholarship funding from one year to the next is dependent on the student’s ability to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
The application package should include a completed application form (visit www.harrisonfoundation.org to download), a personal letter expressing how the education and potential support will make a difference in the applicant’s life, a copy of the applicant’s most recent academic transcript and two letters of recommendation.
For more information and/or to download the application, visit www.harrisonfoundation.org.