News

Work almost ready to start on waterfront

With spring will come new amenities and improvements to the Silverdale waterfront.

The Port of Silverdale’s plans to improve the waterfront have been in the works for months and now that permits have been acquired, construction on the new facilities is nearing.

The total price for the port’s improvements is $387,228 with 67 percent covered by money from the state’s boater’s gas tax. The remaining 33 percent will be covered by the port.

Drury Construction of Poulsbo was awarded the bid to build some of the facilities. Bids for other projects including repaving the parking areas were due on Dec. 30 and contracts are expected to be signed shortly.

“We’re on our way, things are happening,” port attorney Phil Best said.

Projects include the reconstruction of the current bathrooms at Silverdale Waterfront Park. The new building will be made of concrete blocks with areas of glass blocks so that light may shine through. The building will have a men’s and women’s bathroom with self-flushing toilets, unisex showers and a laundry facility, with

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 17 edition online now. Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates