County needs volunteers

County commissioners are accepting applications for vacancies on the following advisory groups:

Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council, Board of Equalization, Central Kitsap Community Council, Commission on Children and Youth, Council for Human Rights, Ferry Advisory Committees, Kitsap Citizen Advisory Council, Manchester Citizen Advisory Council, Noxious Weed Control Board, Planning Commission, Substance Abuse Advisory Board and the Suquamish Citizen Advisory Council.

Boards and councils serve as bridges of communication between citizens, their communities and Kitsap County government.

For more information and an online application, go to, call 360-337-4650 or e-mail


We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates