News

Wood stove ignites mobile home fire near Keyport

Central Kitsap Fire & Rescue (CKFR), Poulsbo Fire Department and Navy Region Northwest responded to a mobile home fire early Wednesday morning around 3:30 a.m. on Central Valley Road near Keyport. The fire spread from a wood stove to the chimney and attic area.

The home is rented by a young couple, both 24 years old. The woman was awaken and looked outside her bedroom and saw the wood stove with flames on top of it. She said the smoke alarms were not working.

No one was injured in the blaze and the couple does not have renter’s insurance. There was additional damage to the side of the mobile home including a wall, ceiling and attic area. There also was smoke damage.

The Kitsap County Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the incident.

EMAIL NEWSLETTERS

Latest news, top stories, and community events,
delivered to your inbox.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Sep 26 edition online now. Browse the archives.