News

Baseboard heater, electrical wires spark house blaze

Central Kitsap Fire & Rescue (CKFR) and Bremerton Fire crews responded to a house fire at Wyoming Street and Perry Avenue in Bremerton at about 10:30 p.m. May 8.

Upon arrival, firefighters noticed smoke coming from several openings of the house. A mother and her children saw the fire behind the couch and evacuated the building.

Crews entered the house and extinguished the fire, which was contained to one room. They ventilated the building and damage was estimated at $15,000.

A couch pushed up against a baseboard heater with electrical wires on the heater caused the blaze, according to a CKFR report.

Our Mobile Apps

Community Events, April 2014

Add an Event
We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Apr 11 edition online now. Browse the archives.