News

Silverdale man airlifted with burn injuries following kitchen fire

A Silverdale man sustained burns to his body after a pan of cooking oil splashed on him after it caught fire.

Central Kitsap Fire & Rescue crews responded to the man's home in the 4800 block of NW 82nd Street in Silverdale at about noon Nov. 20. The fire was out when firefighters arrived, but a large amount of smoke was in the home. The resident was cooking with a pan of oil when it ignited on the stovetop. He then tried to carry it outside when he tripped on the carpet. It splashed on him, causing burns. Some materials in the home ignited and caused minor damage.

CKFR firefighters remind residents that cooking with oil on a stove can be very dangerous. Always keep a lid nearby that can smother the fire when frying oil. Do not attempt to move the fire or use water.

Our Mobile Apps

Community Events, April 2014

Add an Event
We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Apr 18 edition online now. Browse the archives.