Discarded smokes cause Chico Way fire

Smoldering smoking material caused a fire that damaged a storage building behind the Chico Way Roof Doctor Tuesday evening.

The fire, called in by witnesses at about 6:54 p.m., caused limited damage and mainly burned the plywood siding of the storage unit, said David Stebor, duty chief for Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue.

No one was in the building at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported. The blaze was knocked down within minutes of fire fighters' 7 p.m. arrival at the scene.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates