- About Us
Top 10 reasons to check out Old Towns art walk
The Old Town Silverdale Art Walk has quickly become a tradition for many local residents, but there are still those who have no idea it even exists.
The quarterly event is great for families, couples looking for a night out or those who simply love art. The art walk has grown in popularity. For those who think it has nothing to offer, here are our top 10 reasons to give it a chance this Friday from 6 to 8 p.m.
10. Its free. Its a Friday night out and you wont have to worry about breaking the bank.
9. Great discounts and giveaways. Several businesses offer great sales and even have free products for those who show up during the event.
8. Classic rides. Your wife wants to drag you to look at art, but its just not your thing. Dont fret because while shes checking out a watercolor that shes sure would just look divine in your living room, youre checking out whats under the hood of that classic cruiser.
7. You can help those less fortunate. Monicas Waterfront Bakery is giving out a free cookie in exchange for a donation of a nonperishable food item to benefit the Central Kitsap Food Bank. The bakery and café also is accepting toiletries and clothing which will be donated to Pastor Art Speights homeless program in Bremerton.
6. A way to get up and close with Old Town. Its a great way to check out the cozy shops which line the streets of this quaint little section of Silverdale.
5. A chance to meet your neighbors. As youre strolling Byron Street you may run into that old friend from high school or maybe youll meet a new friend, someone who shares your love of art.
4. You might find something you like. You may not have the intention of buying anything, but you could come across a great piece of artwork.
3. It shows your community support. You dont even have to purchase anything to show you support the artists and organizers of the art walk.
2. Nine talented artists. You get to see an array of different artwork from artists who live right here in Kitsap County.
1. The art. Theres a variety of impressive artwork to peruse and admire from photography to sketches to bright abstracts. There will be something that will undoubtedly catch your eye.